.

One's own knowledge and understanding of truth are always evolving. This blog seems to have morphed mainly into a collection of scriptural thoughts and insights, mostly for the purpose of personal exploration. I believe that we can "know" spiritual truths. I also believe that the scriptures can be a gateway to that knowledge.




Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Be Thou Humble

Neal A. Maxwell

10 Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 112:10)

I'm reading Neal A. Maxwell's  Meek and Lowly..  There are a handful of books I have read in my life which I would consider pivotal markers for me in my journey back to Heavenly Father.  This book will make that list.as does much of Elder Maxwell's insightful and humble, yet brilliant writings.  I chose the above picture of Elder Maxwell because it shows him at the end of his mortal journey, seasoned and taught by experience and humility.  I have thought I would post a quote or two but as everything both before and after chosen selections seems equally significant I find myself wanting to put up entire chapters so I will just recommend the book to whomever happens upon this blog post.

Chapter Five contains this quote from Joseph Smith: 

"Why will not man learn Wisdom by precept & example at this late age of the world & not be obliged to learn every thing we know by sad experience?"  (The Words of Joseph Smith p.7)

*

No comments:

Post a Comment