.

One's own knowledge and understanding of truth are always evolving. This blog seems to have morphed mainly into a collection of scriptural thoughts and insights, mostly for the purpose of personal exploration. I believe that we can "know" spiritual truths. I also believe that the scriptures can be a gateway to that knowledge.




Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Robe of Righteousness

The-Righteous-Robe-Katerberg

10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath aclothed me with the bgarments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.  (Isaiah 61:10)
33 O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy arighteousness! O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape before mine benemies! Wilt thou make my path straight before me! Wilt thou not place a stumbling block in my way—but that thou wouldst clear my way before me, and hedge not up my way, but the ways of mine enemy.   (2 Nephi 4:33
I recently read of a man who had a near death experience.  In his understanding, he was taken up into heaven.  He described following a heavenly being who was wearing a beautiful sparkling robe made of some kind of heavenly material.  As that person walked the robe spoke of that person's righteous deeds and this man was able to know and understand all of the righteous acts of this individual throughout eternity. 
What a beautiful description of the robes of righteousness described in the scriptures.   It is an interesting thought that our daily decisions and deeds are weaving our heavenly garment what ever that may be. 
The ultimate "robe of righteousness" is that covering given to us by the Lord.  The Savior's own righteousness has brought about the atonement for all mankind.  If we allow it, we can be covered by that robe and that covering will bring us back into the presence of God. 

2 Nephi 9:14

14 Wherefore, we shall have a aperfect bknowledge of all our cguilt, and our duncleanness, and our enakedness; and the righteous shall have a perfect knowledge of their enjoyment, and their frighteousness, being gclothed with hpurity, yea, even with the irobe of righteousness.

Doctrine and Covenants 29:12

12 And again, verily, verily, I say unto you, and it hath gone forth in a firm decree, by the will of the Father, that mine aapostles, the Twelve which were with me in my ministry at Jerusalem, shall stand at my right hand at the day of my coming in a pillar of bfire, being clothed with robes of righteousness, with crowns upon their heads, in cglory even as I am, to djudge the whole house of Israel, even as many as have loved me and kept my commandments, and none else.

Doctrine and Covenants 109:76

76 That our garments may be pure, that we may be clothed upon with arobes of brighteousness, with palms in our hands, and ccrowns of glory upon our heads, and reap eternal djoy for all our esufferings.


No comments:

Post a Comment