.

One's own knowledge and understanding of truth are always evolving. This blog seems to have morphed mainly into a collection of scriptural thoughts and insights, mostly for the purpose of personal exploration. I believe that we can "know" spiritual truths. I also believe that the scriptures can be a gateway to that knowledge.




Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Glory of God vs Personal Aggrandizement



Greatest in the Kingdom by J. Kirk Richards

1 THESE words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

(New Testament | John 17:1)

Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.


(Pearl of Great Price | Moses 4:1)

The only legitimacy in receiving glory unto ourselves is so that we may glorify the Father, and as the Father's work and glory is to bring about the eternal life and immortality of mankind, using what small degree of praise and honor we receive in this life, for whatever reason, to serve God's children in humility allows us to not be taken in by our own quite small successes.

2 But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.

(Pearl of Great Price | Moses 4:1 - 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment